Sunday, February 13, 2005

she cackles, i grin.




My nana (maternal grandmother, not to be confused with any of these crazy people)is like the Bush Administration of grandmothers. She has mastered a full suite of sneaky ninja techniques for tricking me into doing her bidding.

"Come over, it's an emergency," is nana-code for "The batteries in my remote are dead, and by the way, can I get a ride to my hair appointment?" Of course, she could just say: "I have a hair appointment, and I need a ride"--but that would be normal and sane and not nana-like at all. And I think she gets some sort of weird and evil kick out of being sneaky. (Rubs hand together wickedly, cackles.) I can't really blame her, I probably would too.

So when I came to pick her for lunch at a nearby restaurant, I shouldn't have been surprised that what she REALLY wanted was for me to drive her and her hairdresser/best friend to brunch at this insane Tom-Cruise-in-Cocktail-era 80s neon sushi brunch buffet in DOWNEY. Which is only like, a zillion miles from where she lives. It may be the only place on the planet where you can find hash browns, eggs, sausage, and toro sushi rolls--all on the SAME buffet table. (And that's just gross, yo.)

posted by m at 10:52 PM



Content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.




about
rant


archives
04.04 05.04 06.04 07.04 08.04 10.04 11.04 12.04 02.05 03.05 04.05 05.05 06.05 07.05



































Powered by Blogger


Technorati Profile