Wednesday, June 23, 2004

crafty. or something.

I like to think that I am very crafty. But I am not, really. Religiously reading blogs like this and this and this allow me to live to the fantasy vicariously through others; I browse the projects on craftster longingly for hours.

B calls me a craft geek. But it's worse than that. I'm a wanna-be craft geek. I sigh.

My projects tend to start out as BIG ideas that take a disastrous turn, and then end in me calling them "art."

Most recently, there was the incident of the lovely smushable "egg surprises" that I found on not martha which didn't stencil properly and turned my hands pink and made the house reek of vinegar. I started with a box of a dozen eggs, and only four didn't break into a million pieces before I was finished.

To begin with, I had had lovely visions of small children and their parents exclaiming over my lovely easter surprises. "Oh! However did she MAKE these! She's SO clever!"

To end, I stuffed them with small things from my desk, and presented them to a friend.



"It's art," I explained.
"I see," he said, shaking his head.

posted by m at 10:36 AM



Content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.




about
rant


archives
04.04 05.04 06.04 07.04 08.04 10.04 11.04 12.04 02.05 03.05 04.05 05.05 06.05 07.05



































Powered by Blogger


Technorati Profile